THINKING ABOUT BECOMING A STREET CHURCH VOLUNTEER?
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW!
1. We ask that you come along to Street Church for at least 6 weeks before applying to become a volunteer
2. We will need 2 references – one must be a church leader of a church you have been attending for at least 6 months
3. Once we have received your form and taken up references, 2 members of the Steering Group will interview you (they are people from different church)
4. You must be over 18 years old to be a volunteer
5. You will need to apply for an enhanced DBS check
6. All volunteers must be committed to the Street Church Mission statement and aims (see below)
7. Experience of working with homeless people is not essential, but you must have empathy and a non-judgmental attitude and be prepared to be flexible in your approach. Reliability and punctuality are also important.
be flexible in your approach. Reliability and punctuality are also important.
8. All volunteers are required to attend one of the ‘Equip’ training courses and be willing to undergo other training as identified as appropriate
9. Volunteers are expected to obtain pastoral support from their home church, but Street Church offers regular meetings for volunteers and sessions if required with a trained counsellor each year
10. If you would like an application form, you can download it from our web site http://streetchurch.org , apply through the Contact page or speak to one of our leaders
Streetchurch Mission Statement
‘Good news for the poor, the captives, the broken hearted, the mourning.’
Our aims are:
• To demonstrate God’s love by feeding hungry bodies and souls
• To reflect God’s invitation to all, by giving vulnerable people the best hospitality and warmest welcome
• To give hope and the opportunity to express faith and to help others find it
Please go to Volunteer Information menu for an Application Form